Architectural Designer / Technical Architect
MCF Architecture is an award-winning Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design firm located in Pittsburgh, PA. Founded in 1889, our firm has a rich history and tradition of design excellence. MCF serves a variety of clients in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Performing Arts, Commercial, and Liturgical markets. Our firm’s culture has allowed us the privilege of developing lasting relationships with clients while providing them with the highest level of service and design.
MCF is looking for a driven, technically focused, Technical Architect to join our team. Candidates should possess strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the design & construction process, a commitment to quality, and a desire to mentor others on their unique skillsets.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Modeling & Detailing of architectural systems & components.
· Creation of complete, highly detailed drawing sets
· Coordination with consultant systems
· Production of presentation deliverables
· Tracking outstanding tasks & ensuring timely completion
· Assist in coordination of architectural specifications.
· Model management & file health for project files
· Advanced Revit capabilities
· Family creation
· Complex models
· Autodesk 360 experience preferred
· Adobe Photoshop
· Proficiency in AutoCAD
· Competent use of Microsoft Office
Required Education & Experience
· Minimum 5 Years’ experience
· Professional Degree in Architecture not required, but a plus.
· Professional Registration not required, but a plus.
· LEED, Well Building, or Passive House experience/certification preferred, but not required.
· Knowledge of Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and other frequently used industry software
· Advanced PC skills, specifically Microsoft Windows Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
· Ability to manage priorities with minimal guidance; Strong work ethic; Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills, and a desire to help and teach others advance their skills in these areas.
· Good interpersonal skills and very comfortable and effective working with others in a team environment.
· Advanced Revit skills.
· Demonstrated experience with all phases of design and documentation using Revit.
· Advanced technical knowledge and construction detailing skills.
· High attention to detail – excellent technical drawing skills
· Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
· Excellent knowledge of construction materials and assemblies.
· Competent knowledge of building codes, accessibility standards and regulatory standards.
· Self-motivated problem solver with excellent critical thinking skills.
· Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
· Experience with healthcare and/or higher education projects preferred.
· Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills.
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· Strong time management and organizational skills
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications.
• Medical Coverage for the employee and their family
• Optional: Dental, Vision Voluntary Life Plans
• LTD, STD and Life Insurance
• 8 Paid Holidays (plus week off between Christmas and New Year’s)
• Profit Sharing / 401 (k) savings plan
MCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Required to wear a mask at the office. We are following COVID 19 guidelines