MCF Architecture is an award-winning Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design firm located in Pittsburgh, PA. Founded in 1889, our firm has a rich history and tradition of design excellence. MCF serves a variety of clients in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Performing Arts, Commercial, and Liturgical markets. Our firm’s culture has allowed us the privilege of developing lasting relationships with clients while providing them with the highest level of service and design.
MCF is looking for a forward-thinking individual to join our team as BIM Manager/IT Coordinator. We are seeking a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to integrate design and technology and be a leader in supporting the use of digital technology within the Firm. The ideal candidate will develop, maintain, educate, and promote the vision and use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. Preference will be given to candidates that have a general knowledge of an architectural IT operation and could serve as the day-to-day IT person helping staff to resolve minor IT issues and coordinate general IT issues with an IT Service Provider (outsourced).
The BIM Manager will work in a team-oriented environment supporting the staff in architectural and interior design. The BIM Manager’s primary responsibility would be supporting project teams in implementing efficient production workflows, manage and coordinate BIM standards, including the developing, generating, implementing & maintaining BIM resources, and ensuring
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Possess knowledge to be “go-to” person on all Revit-related inquiries.
· General File Management and server health.
· Tracking software and hardware inventory firmwide.
· Providing input on the purchase of sufficient hardware given demands of the software and budget constraints.
· Establish standards and policies for firm wide data governance and BIM management.
· Assist project specific BIM managers and project teams who are ultimately responsible for producing projects using BIM models.
· Managing and creating BIM content (templates, families, standard details, etc.) for firm use.
· Ensuring staff access to the tools, equipment, software needed, as well as implementing individual and office-wide training.
· Participate in onboarding of all new staff who will be using BIM software.
· Perform project audits to ensure model health and BIM standards are met, and work to resolve issues as they arise.
· Work with the projects BIM leads to ensure that consultants are meeting the firm’s requirements for BIM models.
· Identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM & Design Technology.
· Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops related to Design Technology; communicating lessons learned and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
· Advanced proficiency with Revit.
· An interest in advancing the firms digital capability. Researching advancements in software and tools relevant to the architecture and construction industry.
· Proficiency with various visualization/rendering software preferred, but not required.
· Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
· Autodesk Revit
· Autodesk 360
Preferred Software Knowledge
· Adobe Creative Suites
· Microsoft Office
· 3DS Max
· Other 3D visualization software, Dynamo, Grasshopper, or other generative design software
· Programming knowledge would be a plus as well
Required Education & Experience
· Minimum 5 years’ experience with an A/E design firm, and an understanding of the practice of architecture, project delivery and construction methods (Professional degree in Architecture or related industry preferred but not required).
· Highly proficient in Autodesk Revit including Autodesk BIM 360.
· Knowledge of rendering/visualization applications typically used in conjunction with Revit.
· Knowledge of energy modeling industry software
· Knowledge of Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and other frequently used industry software
· Knowledge of basic construction processes and procedures
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Ability to manage priorities with minimal guidance; Strong work ethic; Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills, and a desire to help and teach others advance their skills in these areas.
· Good interpersonal skills and very comfortable and effective working with others in a team environment.
· Have a general comfort level with a remote work environment and could assist others remotely.
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications.
• Medical Coverage for the employee and their family
• Optional: Dental, Vision Voluntary Life Plans
• LTD, STD and Life Insurance
• 8 Paid Holidays (plus week off between Christmas and New Year’s)
• Profit Sharing / 401 (k) savings plan
MCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Required to wear a mask at the office. We are following COVID 19 guidelines