Healthcare Architect / Planner
MCF Architecture is an award-winning Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design firm located in Pittsburgh, PA. Founded in 1889, our firm has a rich history and tradition of design excellence. MCF serves a variety of clients in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Performing Arts, Commercial, and Liturgical markets. Our firm’s culture has allowed us the privilege of developing lasting relationships with clients while providing them with the highest level of service and design.
The firm is seeking a highly experienced individual to fill the position of Healthcare Planner / Architect. The Healthcare Architect will be responsible for designing and managing the overall project design and development process and to ensure that construction documents conform with agreement with the client. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as strong communication skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Communicates healthcare expertise and planning concepts to clients and project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports
· Serve as the main point of contact for the client on planning issues
· Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary
· Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards
· Meets with municipal building department(s) and other governing agencies to coordinate approvals or variances
· Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions
· Respond to RFI’s and issuing ASI’s during construction phase
· Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor's schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples
· Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule
· Mentor and develop less experienced team members on all aspects of client/project management
· Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team
· Experience in 3D rendering software utilizing a Revit model preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
· Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software desired but not required
· Experience with: Revit & AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop (preferred)
· Autodesk 360 experience preferred
· Competent use of Microsoft Office
Required Education & Experience
· Bachelor's degree in architecture required. Master's degree preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years of healthcare planning and design experience required with 5+ years in project management experience preferred
· Licensed Architect with current registration preferred
· Demonstrates creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of technical plans, drawings, and models required
· Proven ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with leading the discipline design for projects and delegating work tasks to team members. Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment
· Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must
· Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
· Knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts, including commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the profession required
· Advanced knowledge of building regulations, FGI Guidelines, safety codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents required
· Knowledge of architectural building systems required
· Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines, LEED specialty preferred
· Advanced PC skills, specifically Microsoft Windows Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
· Ability to manage priorities with minimal guidance; Strong work ethic; Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills, and a desire to help and teach others advance their skills in these areas.
Competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications.
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications.
• Medical Coverage for the employee and their family
• Optional: Dental, Vision Voluntary Life Plans
• LTD, STD and Life Insurance
• 8 Paid Holidays (plus week off between Christmas and New Year’s)
• Profit Sharing / 401 (k) savings plan
MCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time