MCF Architecture is an award-winning Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design firm located in Pittsburgh, PA. Founded in 1889, our firm has a rich history and tradition of design excellence. MCF serves a variety of clients in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Performing Arts, Commercial, and Liturgical markets. Our firm’s culture has allowed us the privilege of developing lasting relationships with clients while providing them with the highest level of service and design.
The firm is seeking a creative individual to fill the position of Project Architect. This position will provide opportunities for growth within the firm including managing project teams and coordinating multiple clients. We are pursuing candidates with the potential to advance into firm leadership.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Work with clients to turn their architectural requests into reality.
• Lead multiple projects from Conceptual phase through Construction and Project closeout.
• Direct activities of team members engaged in preparing contract documents and specifications.
• Introduce new building technologies and approaches to holistic design solutions.
• Integrate Sustainability into design solutions.
• Manage client and consultant contracts and monitor the progression of services throughout the project.
• Ensure deliverables meet designated time frames and with the highest quality.
• Provide project costing and documentation.
• Perform all aspects of Construction Administration.
• Mentor other junior Architects and develop their competencies.
• Develop new business opportunities in association with Marketing Director and Principals.
Education & Experience
• Professional degree in Architecture
• Registered Architect in professional good standing
• 10 to 15 years’ experience
• Previous experience with client management, business development and consultant coordination
• Use of (Revit) BIM throughout all phases of project development
• LEED BD+C accredited and knowledge of sustainable design preferred.
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with qualifications.
• Medical Coverage for the employee and their family
• Optional: Dental, Vision Voluntary Life Plans
• LTD, STD and Life Insurance
• 8 Paid Holidays (plus week off between Christmas and New Year’s)
• Profit Sharing / 401 (k) savings plan
MCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Required to wear a mask at the office. We are following COVID 19 guidelines